- Prior to the procedure, a number of tests will be run to ensure the suitability of the sinuses, which will include a CT scan.
- Similarly to a bone graft procedure, there are several options for the new bone material: from the patient, from other tissue sources (human or animal), or synthetic. Your dentist will advise which will be best for you.
- The sinus lift procedure will be performed by the dentist while you are under general anaesthetic.
- After a period of time, the site will be healed and ready for implants.
When there is not enough bone in the upper jaw, we may need to do a sinus lift proceed where we gently lift the sinus lining membrane and place some bone grafting material under the membrane so bone can grow in this region for the secure placement of implants. We normally now use exclusively calcium-based bone grating materials as most patients prefer this to the traditional materials. However before doing this procedure an extensive CT scan of the sinuses will need to be performed to check if you are suitable for this procedure.
Sinus lifts are performed under IV Sedation.
A sinus lift is a safe and clinically proven procedure and when completed with expertise and care it will provide the best, most stable base for life changing implant surgery. As with any surgical procedure, at our practice we ensure that you understand all aftercare instructions and we will check back with you regularly to ensure that the healing is going smoothly.
- A more youthful appearance will give you more confidence.
- A second chance at the comfort and security of dental implants.
- A long-term investment in your health and wellbeing.
What Patients Say About Dr Ash
The treatment and care I received from Dr Ashish Deved for my implant was first class. Ash talked me through each step of the process and the implant looks and feels just like the real tooth it replaced.
[/et_pb_slick_slide][et_pb_slick_slide slide_image=”https://www.dentalimplantsbromley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/case-study-6-1.jpg” add_image_link=”off” layout_type=”content75_image25″ text_colour=”#ffffff” _builder_version=”3.0.47″ text_font=”||||” headings_font=”||||” use_border_color=”off” border_style=”solid” _i=”1″ _address=”220.127.116.11.1″]
The implant has never caused me any pain or discomfort and has maintained my dental health by providing support for the adjoining teeth.
[/et_pb_slick_slide][et_pb_slick_slide slide_image=”https://www.dentalimplantsbromley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/case-study-2-1.jpg” add_image_link=”off” layout_type=”content75_image25″ text_colour=”#ffffff” _builder_version=”3.0.47″ text_font=”||||” headings_font=”||||” use_border_color=”off” border_style=”solid” _i=”2″ _address=”18.104.22.168.2″]
As nervous as I was initially and worry about the financial cost of this implant I never thought that I was going to do it. Now I am very please that I took the decision to come to see you