Replace A Single Tooth
Are You Missing A Single Tooth?
1. The screw will be surgically placed directly into your jaw by your dentist. Its shape and material is optimal for close contact and ultimately fusion with bone, providing maximum stability later on.
2. Depending on the condition of your mouth and jawbone, the implant ‘abutment’ (the crown or bridge that fits onto the screw) may be added immediately after the screw is inserted, or sometimes it may be added at a later date. It will blend in perfectly with your natural teeth in colour and shape.
3. Either way, there will be some healing time. The screw will slowly mesh with the bone, becoming a natural component of your jaw.
Your implant will look and feel exactly like a normal tooth: no one will ever know, and even you might forget! You will still be able to bite and chew normally, and the bone in your jaw will remain intact over time
Replacing A Single Tooth With Dental Implant In Kent
Under local anaesthetic your implant surgeon will make a precisely-positioned hole in your jaw and will securely place the titanium implant post. Although this is a surgical procedure, most patients report that it is far less traumatic than having a tooth extracted. Many patients are surprised how little discomfort they feel after implant surgery; if you do experience mild discomfort this can be treated with over-the-counter painkillers from your pharmacist.
If the implant is visible near the front of your mouth, we can fit a temporary tooth so you won’t be left with a gap. You may also have some stitches, which in most cases will dissolve on their own. We’ll provide you with a detailed care sheet explaining how to clean and look after your implant. After a period of healing, we can then attach a crown or bridge to your implant.
Before and After
See what our patients have to say
Reasons to Choose All Smiles
5 star reviews
WHY CHOOSE US
- ZDr Ash is also a fully qualified medical doctor (1 of only 20 other dentists in the country)
- Z consultations on cosmetic treatments
- Z5 year guarantee on dental implants
- ZLate evening & Saturday appointments
- ZFlexible finance plans to help with treatment fees
- ZDental practice on the High Street
- ZDedicated and committed team